Monday, April 2, 2012

Baked Sweet Potatoes



The story here is that my grandma Ruth (yoga teacher extraordinaire, health nut, Epstein family matriarch, and true Florida-lover) found a great produce stand at her local farmers' market and when I was down visiting last weekend, she highly recommended the sweet potatoes, so I got some :) They're not just sweet potatoes- they're YELLOW sweet potatoes- and they sure are sweet! They sat in our pantry for a few days, then I scrubbed them down, cut off the ends, poked a fork into them a couple times and put them in the oven at 350 for about an hour. The end result? Sweeter-than-you-can imagine, fluffy but moist potatoes that Kyle and I both enjoyed!

Note: I didn't do anything to the skin aside from washing it. It wasn't as tasty as some other potato skins that I've had and was even really tough in spots. Normally, I'd eat at least some of the skin, because I know there are some good health benefits, but it was not easy to eat this, so I didn't. Next time, I may put a little olive oil over it- maybe it was a little burnt? Oh well, the inside was so good, it didn't matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment