Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fruit Kabobs


We made these a few weeks ago when we had friends over and I've been hoarding the pics without sharing their delicious sweetness (sorry for the delay). I was between making cookies and brownies and ran to the store for a few things when I spontaneously nixed both ideas and decided on fruit. Fruit and dip. I didn't want to buy dip though, so I pulled out my trusty (well, most of the time, anyway) iPhone and looked up dip recipes. I decided on one that had:

an 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
a 7 oz. jar of marshmallow fluff

Not the healthiest dip, but keep in mind that we only used a tiny bit per bite of fruit, maybe, and that I still have more sitting in my fridge (although I think it's about ready to go by now)

Anyway, you just blend them up, it gets fluffy and sweet (but not too sweet) and according to Kyle, you can't even taste the cream cheese (which is good, bc he doesn't like it).

It was a hit, and the last-minute bamboo sticks that I grabbed at Giant (i think they were only $.99 and will last us awhile) were fun to load up with all kinds of fruit. We put out apples, strawberries, grapes and mango, all amazingly sweet and fresh :)

Just a nice Summery idea, and there are tons of dip recipes online (including one for a pumpkin spice dip which I think I'll pull up again in the fall...mmm)

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ Kyle not liking cream cheese... obviously he does if he likes this dip :P

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete