Sunday, February 27, 2011

Avocados!

Avocados are wonderful! They are a healthy source of monosaturated fat, vitamins B, E, and K, and high in fiber. (and I think they are delicious!) I decided to write this post after making some guacamole. Here it is... the tried and true... after much testing... Jason and Jenn's Favorite Guacamole:

Avocados
Lime Juice (about a Tablespoon per avocado)
Red Onion chopped very finely (I just add enough so some is in each scoop)
Fresh Cilantro chopped finely (again, just enough so you get some in each bite)
Salt to taste

Smash it up and enjoy, we like to eat it with Tostitos Multigrain Chips. Now, I sometimes like a chunkier guac. so I'll add some chopped up bell peppers or a hot pepper for a little more spice, but the above recipe is the favorite.

How do you make your guacamole? There are so many different ways out there :) Also, what else do you like to do with avocados? I eat slices with a little salt sometimes or put them on a sandwich.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE avocados. Sometimes I just mash one up with some salsa and a little salt for a quick fix. Yes I know I'm lazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE avocados- i make guac with some salt, mayo and once in awhile a little lemon juice, and i love to put slices of avocado on salads or in toasted turkey sandwiches. Great with tomato, mayo, sliced turkey (or chicken) and cheese- even just an avocado sandwich is alright with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited to try the guac recipes (I've never actually made my own)!

    I put avocados in wraps all the time - avocado, cucumber + tomato = yum!

    I also love them as burger or salad toppers.

    ReplyDelete